Cleaning the check track is one of the most important components in order to keep your scanner functioning quickly and efficiently. This article will walk you through properly cleaning the check track.
To clean the check track of your scanner, please use the following instructions:
1. Remove the outer cover by pressing the release buttons on each side and lifting the cover, as shown in the first drawing below.
2. Remove the center cover by pressing the rear and front release buttons and lifting the cover, as shown in the drawing below.
3. With the outer and center covers removed, locate the hinged roller tower and the scanning tower. Open the towers as indicated in the drawing below. On the entry side, pull the tab up and the hinged roller tower down (to the left). On the exit side, pull the tab up, and the scanning tower down (to the right).
4. Using a can of compressed air blow out the check path completely.
5. Using a cleaning swab, clean the scan bars shown in the figure below.
6. When complete, close the hinged roller tower and the scanning tower by raising them until they snap into place.
7. Replace the covers by first pressing the center cover down and then outer cover down until both click.
Still having issues? Please contact CDP at (248) 651 - 8602 to speak with a technical expert.