If you were using a signature pad at one point and then took it out, you may have affected the settings. This article presents how to handle this type of situation.
There are a couple of different scenarios that can occur when using or not using a signature pad. Let's discuss those below:
1. You are using a signature pad, and you are receiving the error. This means that you need to change the settings of eTeller to enable the signature pad being used.
2. You are not using a signature pad, and you are receiving the error. This means that you need to change the settings of eTeller to disable the signature pad being used.
To change the settings for your signature pad, please use the following instructions:
1. Look at the system tray located in the task bar at the bottom right-hand corner of your screen. Find a symbol that looks like the one below. You may have to expand the list by clicking on the arrow to see all of the icons.
Note: You can hover over the icon with your mouse to verify that it is the "CDP Receiver e-Teller".
2. Right-click on the icon and select "Settings" from the menu given.
3. Within the "Settings", navigate to the "Tablet" tab. In the "Tablet" tab, there will be 4 check boxes at the top of the menu. If you are not using a signature pad, please check the box titled "None", and press the "Save" button. If you are using a signature pad, please check the box titled "Use signature pad", and press the "Save" button.
4. Restart your receiver in order for the changes to take effect. To do this, right-click your "CDP Receiver e-Teller" icon, and select "Exit".
5. Navigate to the "Start" menu. In the menu, search for a folder named "Complete Data Products, Inc".
Note: If the program is not in the file mentioned above, it may be in the folder "Complete Data Products".
6. Click on the file "Complete Data Products, Inc" to display the contents of the folder.
7. Select "CDP E-Teller Receiver" from the files within the folder. This should relaunch your eTeller receiver.
If you are still experiencing this issue with an attached signature pad, you may need to restart your signature pad.
To restart your signature pad, please use the following instructions:
1. Unplug your signature pad's USB cable from your computer.
2. Wait approximately 5 seconds, then re-insert the USB cable into a different USB port on your PC.
If the error still continues, it could be due to outdated software drivers.
To update your drivers, please use the following instructions:
- Navigate to http://www.topazsystems.com/software/sigplus.exe. This should begin an automatic download for your driver installer. Once this download is complete, please run "sigplus.exe". This can be found where you saved the download. By default, your computer will save this in your "Downloads" folder.
2. Begin progressing through the installer. When asked for a model type, select "T-L" as the tablet model.
3. When asked to select a model, select "T-LBK755 or T-L755".
4. When asked if your model ends in "-BHSB", select "Yes".
5. For connection type, select "HSB (USB type)".
6. Finally, agree to the terms of Topaz and begin installing your driver.
Still having issues? Please contact CDP at (248) 651 - 8602 to speak with a technical expert.