If you are receiving this error, it may be due to an unauthorized toner cartridge or imaging unit being used in your printer. This article provides instructions for verifying the part numbers.
Note: To maintain the warranty on your Lexmark printer, only use imaging units and toner cartridges produced by Lexmark. Using non-Lexmark imaging units and toner cartridges WILL void your warranty.
To verify your printer's toner cartridge and imaging unit, please use the following instructions:
1. Press the button on the right-side of the printer, and then open the front door.
2. Carefully pull the toner cartridge out using the handle, then pull the imaging unit out.
3. Check that both your imaging unit and toner cartridge are authorized to be used with your printer by locating the part number on the unit and comparing it with your printer's compatible imaging units. To do this, select from the printer models below.
4. Scroll down to the "Browse Return Program supplies" tab of the product page and compare to your toner cartridge part numbers.
5. Then, select the "Browse other supplies" tab of the product page and compare to your imaging unit part numbers.
Still having issues? Please contact CDP at (248) 651 - 8602 to speak with a technical expert.