Your scanner may run into connection issues. This article describes a couple of different ways for ensuring your scanner is connected properly.
To verify your scanner is connected to your computer, please use the following instructions:
1. Check that your power cable is plugged into your scanner as well as a wall outlet.
2. Plug in the USB cable into the scanner and your computer. When doing this, a small message should appear on your computer letting you know that you are connected.
3. Once your computer is done setting up your device, you should receive a small message verifying your set up is complete.
To update your scanner driver, please use the following instructions:
1. To update your device driver, navigate to your Canon product's webpage.
2. Once there, scroll down to the section titled, "Drivers and Downloads." Find and "Select" the most recently released driver. Then, click the "Download" button.
3. Once the driver is done downloading, it will need to be installed. Open the driver file by clicking on the file name in your browser downloads. By default, your computer will save this in your "Downloads" folder.
4. You will be asked to extract all of the files and place them on your computer. You should extract these to an easily accessible place such as a new folder in your documents. Click on "Extract" once you have chosen your extraction destination.
5. After unzipping the files, go to the destination you had selected for your files to be extracted to. You should see the files like in the image below. Double-click the "Setup.exe" file and follow the on-screen instructions to install your driver.
Still having issues? Please contact CDP at (248) 651 - 8602 to speak with a technical expert.