When having an issue with the power of the scanner, it could be due to not having it plugged in, or possibly an issue with the scanner itself, which will cause a light of some color to flash.
Solid green light:
If your printer is showing a solid green light, that means your printer is powered on and working properly!
Blinking green light:
If your printer is showing a blinking green light, it means your printer is waiting for you to feed it a check.
If your printer is showing an orange light, this means the cover of the printer is not closed properly. Please verify that the printer cover is firmly secured on all sides and properly in place.
If your printer is showing a red light, that means you have a paper jam.
To clear a paper jam, please use the following instructions:
1. Remove the outer cover by pressing the release buttons on each side and lifting the cover, as shown in the first drawing below.
2. Remove the center cover by pressing the rear and front release buttons and lifting the cover, as shown in the second drawing below.
3. With the outer and center covers removed, locate the hinged roller tower and the scanning tower. Open the towers as indicated in the third drawing below. On the entry side, pull the tab up and the hinged roller tower down (to the left). On the exit side, pull the tab up, and the scanning tower down (to the right).
4. Remove larger debris, such as checks or cards, from the check and card paths. For particles that are smaller, use a can of compressed air.
5. When complete, close the hinged roller tower and the scanning tower by raising them until they snap into place.
6. Replace the covers by first pressing the center cover down and then outer cover down until both click.
Still having issues? Please contact CDP at (248) 651 - 8602 to speak with a technical expert.