This article discusses how to clear a paper jam in your printer's front door.
There are several places where paper jams can take place within your Lexmark printer. Using the image below, please confirm where the paper jam is located.
To clear your printer's front door, please use the following instructions:
CAUTION: Make sure to unplug your printer before attempting to remove the paper jam.
1. Open the front door.
2. Carefully remove the toner cartridge. Then, remove the imaging unit.
CAUTION: Do not touch the shiny photo-conductor drum under the imaging unit. Doing so may affect the quality of future print jobs.
3. Carefully remove the jammed paper with both hands.
Note: Make sure that all paper fragments are removed.
4. Insert the imaging unit back into your printer. Line up the green arrows on the printer with the edges of the unit.
5. Insert your toner cartridge. Line up the green arrows on the printer with the edges of the cartridge.
6. Close your printer's front door and turn your printer back on to ensure that the jam has been resolved.
Still having issues? Please contact CDP at (248) 651 - 8602 to speak with a technical expert.